Copyright Statement & Take Down Protocol
Buswell Library Archives & Special Collections and the Marion E. Wade Center (henceforth Wheaton College Digital Collections) make digital copies of archival materials available online for educational and scholarly use. Materials are selected for online access under the following circumstances: the rights are owned by Wheaton College; the material is in the public domain; or the material is made available for educational and research purposes under an assertion of legal fair use. Archivists have taken care to identify and attribute rights holders when possible, but due to the nature of archives and special collections this information is not always available.
Buswell Library Archives & Special Collections and the Marion E. Wade Center comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), a United States copyright law. If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material made available by Wheaton College Digital Collections for which you have not granted permission (or is not covered by a copyright exception under U.S. copyright laws), you may request the restriction of content or its removal from our Digital Collections by submitting a notice to the designated DMCA agent below:
Mail may be sent to:
510 Irving Avenue
Wheaton, Il 60187
The notice must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person alleging the infringement.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing with information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and electronic mail address.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.